About Jim Steel Garage Services
Established in 1982, Jim Steel Garage is a friendly, family-run independent garage that has been a staple of the local community for many years now. Jim had been buying and selling cars on the premises for 12 years when the garage and workshop became empty.
Jim decided to expand his car sales to repairs as well, which is when his elder son Kevin joined him after working in main dealer garages gaining his experience and knowledge in a wide variety of all makes and models of cars.
After 18 months the business became so established it was decided to move to our present premises on Station Road.
In 2008 Jim Retried from the business, Now with Kevin in full control of the business and the business went from strength to strength.
Kevin has served on the National Panel of the Unipart Car Care system for 5 years repositioning the East Midland for 5 Years.
Kevin is also involved with training the New Stars of today and is a member of the Motor Vehicle Trailblazer group becoming Chairman in 2017.
2009 there was a major turn point in the business when the 3rd generation of the Steels arriving, Kevin’s son Sam joined the business and in 2016 becoming part owner.
With an experienced team of experts on hand, and a wide range of products and services available, our motto is simple:
“The answer is YES. How can we help you?”
All of our technicians are fully trained, and take part in on-going training programs, allowing us to stay right up-to-date with the latest in car technology, including hybrid (electric) vehicles, and air-conditioning to the latest regulations. vans.
We pride ourselves on constantly growing as a garage, and striving to offer the best possible services, continually investing in state-of-the-art diagnostics and quality equipment to be able to service the latest cars. From Audi to Volvo, we’ll give you the same standard of care as the main dealers.
Over the last few years, the garage has continued to grow, and we can now proudly call ourselves a Trust My Garage Member, joining a national network of independent garages offering:
- First class service at affordable prices
- A national network of garages servicing all makes and models
- Bosch technicians trained on the latest technologies
- Up-to-date diagnostic equipment to pinpoint faults quickly and accurately
- Replacement parts of the same quality as the original meaning that your manufacturer’s warranty will not be affected
- A real commitment to customer care - all Bosch Car Service garages work to a Bosch Car Service Code of Practice
Jim Steel Garage is also a part of the Independent Garage Association Car Repair Plan, meaning you can pay into a scheme rather than paying us directly, allowing you to better manage your vehicle maintenance budget. We ensure our clients get the best deal, and that their experience with us is as easy and trouble-free as possible.
- Free collection and delivery service
- Breakdown recovery service
- Factory trained technicians
- Manufacturers specification service and repair
- 12 months parts and labour warranty
- Complimentary courtesy vehicles
The repair, fault finding and diagnostics services we offer include:
- Engine management
- Repairs & fault diagnosis
- MOTs & MOT repairs
- Electrical fault checking & diagnostic work
All car air-conditioning services including:
- Anti-bacterial treatment
- Vac and regassing
- Climate control systems
- Fault diagnosis
- Diagnostics for most makes and models